Navigating our Digital Lives: In School and Beyond
Saturday, Mar 19, 2016
8:30 am-12:00 pm
Barrington High School
Partners/ Facilitators: EdTEchRI, Barrington High School, Common Sense Media
Parents and educators are invited to join experts in a conversation around the powerful yet oftentimes ignored topics of privacy, safety, digital citizenship and more!
As digital devices in schools are becoming more prevalent, the shift to a new model of education is underway. In this uncharted territory, our understanding of privacy, safety, and how we interact online is more important than ever. All community members are invited to explore these topics with stakeholders including tech experts, administrators, teachers, parents, legal counsel and others. Participants will join the discussion and leave with information, support, and resources to help them navigate through these critical issues. Please pass this information on to parents, staff colleagues and friends. It is free and open to the public.
Panel moderator: Eric Butash, Director of Strategy & Implementation, Highlander Institute
Panelists for this event include:
- Tom Driscoll, Director of Educational Technology, Bristol Warren Regional School District
- Lynette Owens, Global Director of Internet Safety for Kids and Families, Trend Micro
- Michelle Lipkin, Executive Director, National Association for Media Literacy Education
- Paul Barrette, Director of Technology and Privacy Officer, Smithfield School District
- Paula Dillon, Assistant Superintendent, Barrington School District
- David Kane, Attorney and Senior VP, Sargent Rehabilitation Center, Warwick
- Jessica Geremia, 1:1 coordinator, Chariho Regional School District and FUSE fellow
- Tracey Kareemo, Common Sense Media Certified Teacher, Pawtucket School District, and FUSE Fellow
This event is open to the public for FREE
This event can be applied to any microbadge.